Sales/Customer Service Associate
We seek energetic, creative sales/customer service associates who love working with people. If you are team-oriented, self-motivated, with an eye for home decor and furnishings, we are looking for you! We offer a fun and creative work environment and the opportunity to build meaningful and long-term relationships with Consignment Gallery customers, consignors, and fellow associates.
Salary: Starting at $10/hour
Part time position, with a minimum of 2-3 days a week including every other Saturday or Sunday. The ability to fill in for fellow associates on occasion is also appreciated.
Work hours are from 9:30am to 6:00pm on Tuesdays through Saturdays, and from 11:30am to 5:30pm on Sundays.
Age/Education: High school/GED or equivalent completed.
Physical: The ability to continuously stand and move around the store to assist customers. Capable of lifting/handling/carrying items of moderate weight (up to 30 pounds).
Experience: 2+ years Retail or Sales experience, and/or 2+ years Customer Service experience.
- Outgoing and personable, with an energetic and positive attitude
- Computer savvy
- Strong listening and verbal communication skills
- Able to multi-task with ease in a fast-paced environment
- Dependable and punctual, with reliable transportation
- Shows great attention to detail, and is both proactive and thorough
- Open to instruction and constructive criticism, and is a team player
- At least a beginner’s knowledge of home decor/housewares and furniture
Responsibilities of the role:
- Develop and maintain relationships with consignors and customers
- Maintain the orderliness of displays, ensuring that the store is clean, shoppable, and safe
- Reliably and accurately perform all store opening and closing procedures
- Collaborate and communicate well with fellow associates
- Answer questions about merchandise and the consignment process
- Escort customers to appropriate merchandise around the store and help customers make selections
- Process payments accurately using POS system
- Select items for consignment based on condition, style, and saleability
- Value and price items appropriately based on brand, condition, style, and saleability
- When needed, consult team members and perform online research in order to price appropriately
- Input items in consignment software system and tag all items accurately
- Merchandise and maintain displays of consigned items
- Provide support to consignors by checking on inventory, running reports, and performing consignor payouts as needed
- Navigate between our inventory, POS, and calendar software programs with ease (software training provided)
- Data entry in inventory program with accuracy and speed
- Perform online research on multiple websites, including Google, eBay, etc.
Interested in working with us?
Please send your resume to email@example.com, and tell us a little about yourself. We’d love to hear from you!